User: all individuals who will use or visit the Site(s) and/or Application(s), 18 (eighteen) years of age or emancipated and fully capable of performing civil acts or absolutely or relatively incapable, properly represented or assisted.
Personal Data: means any information provided and/or collected by GeekHunter, by any means, even if public, that: (I) identify or, when used in combination with other information processed by GeekHunter, identify an individual; or (II) through which the identification or contact information of a natural person can be derived.
Purpose: the goal, the purpose that GeekHunter wishes to achieve from each act of processing personal information.
Necessity: justification for which it is strictly necessary to collect personal data, to achieve the purpose, avoiding excessive collection.
Legal bases: legal basis that makes the processing of personal data legitimate for a specific purpose by GeekHunter.
Consent: express and unequivocal authorization given by the User, the data subject, for GeekHunter to process their personal data for a purpose previously described, in which the necessary legal basis for the act requires the express authorization of the data subject.
This policy applies, in general, to all Users and potential Users of the services offered by GeekHunter, including Users of sites or other means operated by GeekHunter, and summarizes how GeekHunter, as the controller of your Personal Data, may treat them in accordance with applicable legal bases and all privacy and data protection laws in force.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The User is aware that they provide information consciously and voluntarily through forms or through the websites operated by GeekHunter.
When the User registers and/or fills out forms offered by GeekHunter, certain requested Personal Data will be kept confidential and used only for the purpose that motivated the registration, as shown in the following table:
(((INSERT TABLE RIGHT HERE)))
SHARING AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
GeekHunter may disclose the Personal Data collected to third parties in the following situations and within the limits required and authorized by the Law:
- With its clients and partners when necessary and/or appropriate for the provision of related services, especially those related to recruitment and selection;
- With companies and individuals hired to perform certain activities and services on behalf of GeekHunter;
- With group companies;
- With suppliers and partners to achieve the services contracted with GeekHunter (such as information technology, accounting, among others);
- For administrative purposes such as research, planning, service development, security, and risk management.
- When necessary due to legal obligation, determination of a competent authority, or judicial decision.
When the recruiting company, a client/partner of GeekHunter, is a financial institution or an insurance company, according to the legal norms and regulations of the Central Bank of Brazil and SUSEP – Superintendency of Private Insurance, your data may be consulted for possible analysis related to illicit practices such as money laundering and terrorism.
LEGAL GROUNDS FOR DATA DISCLOSURE
In certain circumstances, GeekHunter may disclose Personal Data to the extent necessary or appropriate to government agencies, consultants, and other third parties for the purpose of complying with applicable laws or a court order or subpoena, or if GeekHunter believes in good faith that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a law that requires such disclosure.
- Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities, or to cooperate with public authorities or protect national security.
- To execute its contracts.
- Investigate and defend against any claims or allegations by third parties.
- Protect the security or integrity of services (for example, sharing with companies facing similar threats).
- Exercise or protect the rights, property, and safety of GeekHunter and its affiliated companies.
- Protect the rights and personal safety of its employees, users, or the public.
- In the event of a sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, liquidation, or dissolution of GeekHunter.
GeekHunter may contest these demands if it deems the requests to be excessive, vague, or made by incompetent authorities.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURITY
All Personal Data will be stored in GeekHunter’s database or in databases maintained “in the cloud” by service providers contracted by GeekHunter, all of which are in compliance with current data protection legislation.
GeekHunter and its service providers use various security procedures to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of Personal Data, preventing any damage resulting from the processing of this data.
While GeekHunter employs security measures and monitors its system for vulnerabilities and attacks to protect Personal Data against unauthorized disclosure, misuse, or alteration, the User understands and agrees that there are no guarantees that the information cannot be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of the physical, technical, or administrative protections.
GeekHunter retains all data provided, including Personal Data, for as long as the User’s account is active and as necessary for the fulfillment of its services.
GeekHunter will keep your Personal Data and maintain your data stored until a request for deletion, or in accordance with the periods described in this document.
It is important to note that in cases of hiring, the company that recruited the candidate will assume the role of data controller and will retain the data for as long as it deems necessary, in accordance with its own internal and legal criteria.
Therefore, as this is a different data processing relationship, GeekHunter has no control over this matter.
LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING DATA
GeekHunter only processes Personal Data in situations where it is legally authorized or with the express and unequivocal consent of the User.
As described in this Policy, GeekHunter has legal bases for collecting, producing, receiving, classifying, using, accessing, reproducing, transmitting, distributing, processing, archiving, storing, deleting, evaluating, or controlling information, modifying, communicating, transferring, disseminating, or extracting data about the User.
The legal bases include your consent (collected expressly and unequivocally on our Platform), contracts and pre-contractual procedures (where processing is necessary to conclude a contract with the User), and legitimate interests, provided that such processing does not violate your rights and freedoms, as can be seen in this document.
These interests include protecting the User and GeekHunter from threats, complying with applicable laws, exercising regular rights in judicial, administrative, or arbitration proceedings, enabling business performance or administration, including quality control, reporting, and services offered, managing business transactions, understanding and improving business and customer relationships, and allowing users to find economic opportunities.
The User has the right to deny or withdraw consent given to GeekHunter when this is the legal basis for processing personal data. In the event of such a request, GeekHunter may terminate its services to this user. However, in some cases, GeekHunter’s clients, due to hiring or pre-hiring procedures, will assume the role of data controller, and the data subject should request data deletion directly from them.
If you have any questions about the legal bases for the collection, processing, and storage of your personal data, please contact GeekHunter and its Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com.
RIGHT TO ACCESS AND CONTROL YOUR PERSONAL DATA
GeekHunter provides the User with various options regarding the Personal Data collected, processed, and stored, including deletion and/or correction. The User can:
- Delete data: The User can request the deletion of some of their Personal Data (for example, if they are no longer needed to provide services).
- Change or correct data: The User can edit or request the editing of some of their Personal Data. The User can also request updates, changes, or corrections to their data in certain cases, especially if they are incorrect.
- Raise objections, limitations, or restrictions on data usage: The User can request the cessation of the use of all or some of their Personal Data (for example, if GeekHunter does not have the right to continue using them) or limit our use of such data (for example, if their Personal Data are incorrect or stored illegally). It should be noted that GeekHunter may process Personal Data in accordance with the legal bases listed in this document.
The User has the right to access or take their data: The User can request a copy of their Personal Data and the data they have provided in a readable format in electronic form.
The User can make the requests listed above by contacting our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and these requests will be considered in accordance with applicable laws.
Currently, we use the AWS (Amazon Web Services) cloud, located in the United States of America (USA).
As a result, the data entered by users on our Platform will be stored there, resulting in an international transfer as per LGPD (Brazil’s data protection law).
In this context, we will adopt all applicable measures (technical, organizational, and legal) to ensure compliance and data security, and we are available to answer any questions through our DPO (email@example.com).
It is also important to note that personal data provided by the user may also be subject to international transfer due to the companies with which we share data for service provision, as indicated in the section “COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.”